Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

I went dress shopping the other day...

For THE dress and was intending only to get ideas so that my mom and I could make it, but I ended up buying one. I really wasn't expecting this. But it would cost us more to make this dress than what we could buy it for so, we went with it. I'll leave a comment on how much it cost, but I want to shock you, because to me, it looks so much more expensive.

Unfortunately you cannot see the flower details around the waist, at least not enough to do it justice, but you can get an idea. Please excuse the funny face I am making as my mom didn't tell me she was going to take a picture. And please also excuse my weight. I am in the process of losing weight. I just got my membership to the Y. Yay!

6 comments:

  1. It was only $675 with tax and alterations! I got it at David's Bridal. Which is a funny story because I also went to a boutique with 1k-10k dresses and I didn't like one of them. Not one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, in three months, I've gone from a size 16 to a size 12!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! Congrats on the weight loss too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I hope to lose at least another 15 pounds before the wedding....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful gown! Congratulations! Is your gown called an "A-line", or is it a "princess" dress? I was just wondering because I love the shape and the fullness of the skirt part! all the best to you! - Cara H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty sure it's a princess. It's got at least 11 layers alone and then a petticoat with 5 layers underneathe.

    ReplyDelete